Thursday 20 June 2013

Big Catch-Up

Sorry that I have been neglecting you guys! I've really gotten out of writing these but that is ending. From now on I'm going to add a new post every WEEK!  So hope you're looking forward to that. 

This is only going to be a photo journey with what I've done (that I can remember) since my last post. Only just realised that it's been half a year! oops..

One of my friends got me a cake pop maker for Christmas so I made chocolate cake pops and jam filled doughnut balls! 


 
Lovely buttermilk pancakes with ice cream and raspberries = heaven. Baking a milkloaf in a soup tin, why ever not?

 









The bread was nice and soft and a nice one person portion. I also made some honeycomb which I mixed with dark chocolate to make 'Crunchie' cakes.

I've also started my own sourdough starter, called Sammie. Which created this lovely sourdough loaf which I ate with ham and some soup. 

Not too long ago was World Baking Day, so I put away my revision and made something I never had before; Gluten and dairy free chocolate cake! The last is my raspberry ripple ice cream, the first I've ever made with a custard base. 


Before I stop this post I have a new section that is going to be in every post from now one (or so). Its my...

Marshmallow Chronicles!! 

I'll save how I make these for a later date, for now here are the pictures of these squishy pillows of sugar. 

The first are plain vanilla so that I could sort out my base recipe, after some advice from the batch beforehand I included more gelatin which worked out well. The latest ones I made last night, which are raspberry marshmallows with a strawberry powder top, looking very lush! My first gourmet mallow, hopefully ill get more comments when I give them out at the pub tonight!

Love you and leave you for now, but I'll be back soon,

Somnium xx





No comments:

Post a Comment