Friday 6 April 2012

Happy Easter :)

Its Easter which means chocolates, chocolate eggs, chocolate bunnies, chocolate cakes... lots and lots of chocolate! but whats this? I haven't done a chocolate cake!? No. I've done a good old fruit cake. A lovely lovely fruit cake covered in marzipan and icing. So nice half of its gone since last night!
       Unfortunately I couldn't be bothered making a proper fruit cake as it has to be stored for months before being eaten and it has to be fed. So instead I've made a welsh tea bread, except I used orange juice instead of tea which in my mind equals a quick and tasty fruit cake (better than the proper fruit cake in my opinion)
      However my lack of planning soon became evident. The cake was made about to be marzipaned. I check the cupboard and I have no icing! At least I can drive now, so I popped down to the store to buy some. Now, the cake is made, marzipaned, iced and crimped but i dont know what to put as the center piece! So I stopped decorating and thought for a while and came up with my final idea and put it into action. And this is what I achieved. 


Sorted :)
My Easter cake done and dusted for another year. 

Hope you enjoyed it, too bad I have to eat all your shares ;)

Till Later,
Somnium x

No comments:

Post a Comment